Covid Guidelines and related Terms & Conditions applying ONLY to our Italian and Spanish Beginner 1 and 2 courses starting in April 2022.
In order to make sure that our students and teachers stay safe, we put in place our Happy Languages Covid Guidelines to follow. As the situation is still uncertain, it’s essential to respect some basic rules and implement best practices so that we can keep learning and enjoying classes in presence without too much concern.
- Students and teachers are required to stay at home if unwell. Anyone with symptoms such as cold, cough or fever is not allowed in the classroom.
- Students and teachers are required to wash and sanitise their hands regularly.
- The body temperature is checked onsite with a forehead thermometer.
- Wearing a mask is strongly recommended, as well as keeping a reasonable distance between people.
- Classrooms are regularly deep cleaned and surfaces are sanitised.
What happens if a student contracts Covid?
- A students who contracts Covid before a class is asked not to attend classes during all the isolation period.
- If a students contracts Covid and attends a class while having the virus, the class in presence is suspended for a period which is equivalent to a self-isolation period (the last day in contact with the person who tested positive and the next 10 days). During this period, classes are held online via Zoom.
What happens if a teacher contracts Covid?
- If a teacher contracts Covid before a class is replaced by another teacher for the whole isolation period. If a suitable substitute can not be found, classes are held online via Zoom during the whole isolation period.
- If a teacher who contracts Covid holds a class while having the virus, the class in presence is suspended for a period which is equivalent to a self-isolation period (the last day in contact with the person who tested positive and the next 10 days). During this period, classes are held online via Zoom.
What happens if you miss a class?
If you miss a class because you are unwell it’s not possible to follow it online (neither live nor recorded, as we can’t record classes for privacy reasons), however you will get all the information about the topics studied, the pages done and the homework for the following lesson, so that you can use your book to cover the contents. If you feel that you need to catch up with your teacher, we offer online one-to-one classes for £30 per hour instead of £39 while you are attending a group course.
Terms and conditions.
- We do not grant refunds, deferrals or credits for any of the Covid related scenarios above and for any other reasons beyond our responsibilities as mentioned in our general Terms & Conditions.
- We do not grant refunds, deferrals or credits for computer or Internet related issues in case a course is moved online for Covid reasons. Computer and Internet speed requirements are a student’s responsibility.
Last update: 18th November 2021.