Ten Steps To Get Italian B1 Level For Citizenship
Are you learning Italian in London to get the Italian citizenship?
If you are learning Italian in London to get the required B1 certification for the citizenship, there are some important aspects to consider.
First of all, the B1 is quite a high level of competence.
If you want to understand more about it, you should read the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for languages) to make an idea of what you are required to do.
This is an important point as most of the applicants have never studied Italian and have to start from scratch.
It means studying at least 2-3 years to reach the B1 level, especially for English native speakers.
If you already speak a Romance language it could be different, however studying for the exam is essential.
Here you have the 10 most important steps to follow!
- Check your level with an expert teacher: this will give you a clear idea of where you are and how long is the path in front of you.
- Jot down a plan with specific goals to reach.
- Be constant: either if you take a group course or one-to-one tuitions, try to fully commit to your learning program.
- Ask you teacher to suggest you appropriate podcasts at the right level to help you progress smoothly: it might be a good thing to do while commuting to work!
- Make time to do your homework every week: even if you have lessons, that would not be enough without an extra effort.
- Look for opportunities to speak Italian: if you have Italian friends or family, ask them to support you through.
- Read something you like but make sure it is at the right level: your teacher will be happy to help you find something enjoyable.
- Practice the exam as much as possible: the more you get used to it the better! Follow this link to have a look at a past exam paper.
- If you start studying Italian from a Beginner level, make sure to practice the A1 and A2 exams while getting ready to face the B1. It will be very a very useful training!
- Don’t give up: it will be hard, but you will make it!
If you follow these steps it will be much easier!
If you need to study towards the exam and you are not a Total Beginner, you should check your level with us and join the most appropriate course.CHECK YOUR LEVEL NOW