Spanish Upper-Intermediate 3 Syllabus (15 hours of frontal lessons)
|1||ALL PAST TENSES REVIEW|
– Content: All past tenses conjugation, irregularities, and uses.
– Activities: Conjugation; refreshing tenses uses; translating connectors; answering questions and comparing experiences; matching vocabulary; storytelling: narrating a past story.
|2||FUTURE I. CONJUGATION, IRREGULARS, AND TYPES OF FUTURE|
– Review Activity: Past Perfect Tense. First Experiences Uses.
– Content: Simple Future > Conjugation, Irregular Verbs; Types of Future
– Activities: reading examples, talking and comparing experiences; repeating conjugation and irregular verbs; explicative video: listening, comprehension, and explanation. formulating questions and conversation.
|3||FUTURE II. FUTURE INTENTIONS USE|
– Review Activity: Superiority, Inferiority and Equality Comparison. Conversation.
– Content: Simple Future > Level of Certainty and Types of Future; Expressing Future Intentions
– Activities: reading examples; presentation and comparisons; conjugation, video: listening, filling gaps, comprehension, and answering questions; formulating questions and conversation.
|4||FUTURE III. HIPOTHESIS AND SUPPOSITIONS USE|
– Review Activity: Verbs `Ser ́VS `Estar ́ VS ́Haber ́. Text and Questions.
– Content: Simple Future > Expressing Hypothesis and Suppositions
– Activities: conjugation, text: reading and comprehension; brain storm, matching vocabulary; song: listening, filling gaps and understanding; role game: guessing characters.
|5||FUTURE IV. EXPRESSING DOUBTS USE|
– Review Activity: Past Perfect Tense. First Experiences Use. Situations.
– Content: Simple Future > Expressing Doubts
– Activities: conjugation, Head line reading: expressing opinions; video: listening, comprehension, and checking answers; expressing opinions about future and conversations.
|6||FUTURE V. EXPRESSING DETERMINATIONS & 1ST CONDITIONAL USES|
– Review Activity: Expressions with `Para ́. Situations.
– Content: Simple Future > Expressing Determinations and Resolutions & Structure First Conditional
– Activities: reading and guessing situations; conjugation; brain storm; expressing determination; giving advices and commands; completing situations.
|7||CONDITIONAL I. CONJUGATION, IRREGULARS, AND USES|
– Review Activity: Expressions with `Por ́. Situations.
– Content: Conditional > Conjugation and Irregular Verbs, and Different Uses.
– Activities: reading examples and reacting to situations; conjugation and examples; video: listening and comprehension; formulating questions and conversation.
|8||CONDITIONAL II. HYPOTHETICAL SITUATIONS|
– Review Activity: Past Perfect Tense. Immediacy Use. Situations.
– Content: Conditional > Hypothetical Situations Use.
– Activities: reading examples and reacting to situations; conjugation; role game: choosing a place; reading and understanding questions, presentations, guessing places.
|9||CONDITIONAL III. INVITATIONS AND REQUESTS|
– Review Activity: Verbs with Different Meanings in Past Tense. Conversation.
– Content: Conditional > Formulating Invitations and Requests Use
– Activities: reading and guessing to situations; conjugation; role game: writing an invitation; requesting things; guessing the event; answering invitations.
|10||SIMPLE CONDITIONAL IV. ADVICES AND RECOMMENDATIONS.|
– Review Activity: Superlative Comparisons. Presentation.
– Content: Conditional > Giving Advices and Recommendations.
– Activities: answering questions; role-game: choosing a situation; requesting help formulating questions; giving advices and recommendation and reacting to them.
Please Note: At the beginning of each lesson we review, practice and consolidate previous knowledge.
This syllabus is illustrative. Depending on the group ́s dynamic this content could be reduced or extended.