Syllabus Spanish Upper-Intermediate (15 hours of frontal Lessons)
LESSON: REVIEW. PAST TENSE + INDIRECT AND DIRECT PRONOUNS
– Tense Review: Conjugation and Uses. Present Perfect, Present Perfect Continuous, and Simple Past.
|2||CONTRAST PRESENT PERFECT VS SIMPLE PAST I
– Review Activity: Distinguishing between Indirect and Direct Pronouns for people. Conversation.
– Content: Distinguishing between Present Perfect and Simple Pats. Uses, key words, and tips.
– Activities: reading examples and completing table; video: choosing the right tense; matching information and writing sentences; role game: describing and guessing characters.
|3||PRESENT PERFECT VS SIMPLE PAST II. IMPERFECT PAST I: INTRODUCTION
– Review Activity: Prepositions `A ́ VS `En ́.
– Content: Imperfect Past Uses. Regular and Irregular Verbs Conjugation.
– Activities: role game: character guessing; conjugation; describing actions, question translations, conversation.
|4||IMPERFECT PAST II
– Review Activity: Contrast Present Perfect VS Simple Past. Conversation.
– Content: Imperfect Past. Descriptive Use: describing habits and events in the past.
– Activities: conjugation, formulating questions and conversation; video: listening and filling gaps; completing question and conversation.
|5||IMPERFECT PAST III
– Review Activity: Distinguishing Verbs Meanings (ask VS ask for; bring VS carry; come VS leave Vs depart)
– Content: Imperfect Past. Descriptive and Plan Use: describing people and talking about past plans.
– Activities: completing questions and conversations; conjugation, reading and answering questions; translation, conversation, and comprehension.
|6||IMPERFECT PAST IV. PRESENT VS PAST I
– Review Activity: Indirect + Direct Pronouns. Dialogue.
– Content: Imperfect Past. Comparative Use: comparing past vs present contexts and habits.
– Activities: completing a dialogue; conjugation; video: listening and comprehension; examples and conversation.
|7||IMPERFECT PAST V. PRESENT VS PAST II
– Review Activity: Present Perfect VS Simple Past. Conversation.
– Content: Imperfect Past. Comparative Use: comparing past vs present people and habits.
– Activities: formulating questions and conversation; conjugation, game: guessing characters; reading example and talking about your past and present life differences.
|8||SIMPLE OR INDEFINITE PAST VS IMPERFECT PAST I
– Review Activity: Para VS Por. Text.
– Content: Differences between Simple and Imperfect Past Uses. Key words.
– Activities: reviewing uses; conjugation, storytelling: guessing tenses, answering questions, narrating a story.
|9||SIMPLE OR INDEFINITE PAST VS IMPERFECT PAST II
– Review Activity: Indirect + Direct Pronouns. Situations.
– Content: Consolidating differences between Simple and Imperfect Past Uses.
– Activities: answering situational questions; describing story; video: questions introduction, filling gaps, comprehensions; talking about own experiences.
Refreshing all content through activities
At the beginning of each lesson we review, practice and consolidate previous knowledge.
This syllabus includes the minimum content. Depending on the group’s dynamic this content could be extended.