Do you enjoy skiing and want to discover the best ski destinations in Italy?
Here you can find the top 5 ski destinations in Italy!
1. Dolomiti Superski: definitively the most popular in Italy and one of the biggest in the world!
It includes 1200 km of ski slopes, with 450 skilifts. It is between Trento, Bolzano and Belluno in the North of Italy.
In this area you can visit different towns and lovely locations, like Cortina d’Ampezzo and find normal slopes for skiing or snowboarding, slopes for the cross country skiing and for the mountaineering skiing as well.
Once there, try the “Big Air Bag“: a huge mattress, where you can jump with your ski trying some stunts on the snow.
Cortina is perfect for summer holidays as well: you can climb, ride motorbikes in the mountains, or visit the Natural Park of Dolomiti d’Ampezzo.
2. Skirama Dolomiti: with 380 km of ski slopes and 250 skilifts, it is in Trentino Alto Adige.
The most famous town in this area is Madonna di Campiglio where the Ski World Championship takes place: you can even try the Championship’s slope!
Madonna di Campiglio is famous for the social life, but if you go just out of the hamlet you can admire beautiful lakes, streams, footpaths, where it is possible to take a trip or ride a mountainbike.
And if that is not enough, you can paragliding as well!
3. Via Lattea: it is between Italy and France, with 400 km of ski slopes and 72 skilifts.
The Via Lattea ski area was the most important location of the XX Invernal Olimpycs Games of Torino in 2006.
It is in Alta Val Susa, where the most important village is Sestriere, where you can ski at night in the “Kandahar” sloap, a “black sloap” for expert skiers.
4. Monterosa Ski: it is situated between Valle D’Aosta and Piemonte, with 180 km of ski slopes and 44 skilifts of different type.
The great thing is that you can ski looking at the amazing Monte Rosa!
If you go in summer you can even ride your mountanbike on the slopes: indeed the Monterosa ski becomes the “Monterosa Bike“, equipped for climbing the slopes taking your bike with you!
5. Breuil-Cervinia Valtournenche Zermatt: is one of the biggest ski area of Alpi mountains, between Italy and Switzerland and includes slopes for different types of skiing and 53 skilifts.
You can practice cross country skiing and there is a lovely snow park!
The summer skiing is characteristic of this area: during July and August you can ski on the Plateau Rosà glacier, where the snow never melts!
So have you decided where to go? Winter is coming!